Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Cookie Winner


I know, I know...everyone has just about given up on me and the whole cookie challenge. I am sorry it has taken so long to announce a winner. Let's just say that we had a few family issues come up in March and I had no time or energy to blog. BUT, I am back and ready to let you know who our big winner is!!!

Drumroll please.....


The winner of the $10 and mini scrapbook is.....my mom. Ahhhhhh.

Yes, my mom had the winning recipe sitting in her recipe stash and she didn't even know it. It is a recipe she got from a missionary while they were serving in Russia. She hadn't ever tried it, but thought she would send it to me and we LOVE IT!

I actually loved more then one. I had a hard time choosing between 3 of your wonderful recipes but my family didn't like them as well and we did decide to choose as a family. Two things that made the difference, were peanut butter and coconut. If it was too much peanut butter (rich) they didn't really like it and absolutely no coconut. Go figure...I love both those things.

This winning recipe has peanut butter but not too much and no coconut. So, here it is if you would like to try it.



1/2 cup butter
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk

Boil the butter, milk and sugar hard for 1 minute. (Once it starts boiling hard enough that you can't stir the bubbles out of it, start timing).

Add:

4 TB cocoa
2 tsp. vanilla
4 TB. Peanut butter (opt.)

Stir until smooth and put in freezer for 15-20 minutes. (Be sure to set hot pan on plate in freezer and don't put right next to your ice cream). That's right in the Freezer!


Add:
2-3 cups oats

After cooled in freezer add oats and set on waxed paper. To speed the set up time you can put them in the fridge but they usually take less then an hour to set.

The thing I love about this recipe is that you put it in the freezer. When you add the oats it is nice and stiff and already starting to set up.

Absolutely, the one ingredient that your can't do without is real BUTTER. If you use margarine they don't set up nearly as well.

Thank you all for helping me find the perfect cookie. I plan to save all your recipes and add them to my cookbook so thank you so much for sending your favorites to me.


0 comments: